Friday, June 22, 2018

from Nashville, TN to Marietta, GA


I needed to wait until my brother, with whom I needed to conduct a little business, called me. And that would have to wait until he’d gotten back home after an early-morning flight from wherever he’d been working on location this past week. So … do you wait lounging around in a hotel room, or do you set out for Nashville?

We did what you would have done: packed the car and headed for downtown Nashville.

Breakfast at the hotel had been nothing to write home about, so we chose early lunch (to beat the crowds, too) at a place that definitely is something to write home about: Jack’s. Now, I’m no huge fan of BBQ in that I don’t stop at a Sonny’s or even a Smokey Bones every chance I get. But good ‘Q done right is awesome and I have a few favorite restaurants (plus a food truck) of which Jack’s is definitely one. I will go here any time I get a chance.

 

Full of brisket and smoked turkey (Sue chose ribs because she will never pass up the opportunity for BBQ ribs), we headed over to the Ryman Auditorium and opted to take the self-guided tour. Am I glad we did! This place is SO important, not only as the best-known home of the Grand Ole Opry – a relationship that would establish Nashville as the home of country music – but in so many other ways, too numerous to list here. Definitely I would suggest taking a tour of the Ryman if you’re ever in Nashville, but I might also suggest it as a reason to go to Nashville. I will definitely go back to spend a lot more time at the Ryman.



And my brother should consider this a warning – or a promise, however he wants to view it: I will be making special trips to catch some of the concerts at the Ryman. I honestly had no idea that SO much, and of so much variety, goes on here.

Leaving the Ryman, I actually passed on making my usual stop at the Ernest Tubb Record Shop, another favorite Nashville destination. It was just too busy and too noisy on a Friday in Music City.

So finally out to my brother’s, to finally take care of our business and enjoy a brief visit, then we set out for Marietta and the end of our trip.

Quick stop for supper in Chattanooga, and then …

Home.


More photos from the Forces of Nature Tour at Flickr.


Click here.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment